15 Sunnah And Manners Of Walking.
1. Allah has said in Sarah Bani Israil
“And do not walk haughtily on the earth; you cannot tear the
earth and nor you can achieve height of the mountains.”
2. The fragrant saying of the Beloved Prophet has been narrated: A man, covered with two pieces of cloths, was walking arrogantly, with pride. The earth pulled him inside and he will continue to sink inside the earth until the Day of Judgement.
3. The Beloved Prophet sometimes used to hold the hand of his companion in his blessed hand while
4. When the Holy Prophet used to walk, he would lean a little bit forward as though he is descending from a height.
5. Never walk with pride; wearing chains of gold or any other metal, with the front buttons [of the shirt] open as if to show off. This is the style of the unwise, proud, and transgressing people. It is Haram for men to wear a gold chain in the neck. Wearing other metallic chains is also not permissible.
6. If there is no hindrance, walk on the side of the pathway at a medium pace. Don’t be to fast that people start looking at you thinking that where is he going in such haste. Do not walk too slowly that a viewer may assume that you are ill. One should not hold the hand of any Amrad. It is Haram to hold his hand or to shake hands with him or to hug him out of lust; as it is an act that leads to the Hellfire.
7. It is not Sunnah to look here and there (unnecessarily) while wallcing. Walk with dignity and with your gaze lowered down. Sayyiduna Hassan bin Abi Sinan went for Eid Salah When he came back home, his wife asked him: How many women did you see? He observed silence. When she insisted, he said: I kept looking at the toes from exiting the house till my return to you.
Devotees of Allah don’t look here and there unnecessarily while walking, especially when it is crowded as they might look at someone who is not permitted by the Sharia to look at. This was the piety of our saints The ruling is that if you look at a woman unintentionally and move your gaze away immediately, you will not be sinful.
8. It’s not appropriate to look at someone’s balcony or windows unnecessarily.
9. While walking or coming up or down the stairs, make sure that your shoes do not make noise. Our Beloved Prophet did not like the sound created by shoes.
10. If there are two women standing or going on a way, At not go through between them. A blessed Hadith prohibits us from doing so.
11. It is against manners to spit, clean your nose, put your finger inside the nose, keep tickling your ears, clean the dirt of your clothes with your fingers, itching your private parts and so on while walking, sitting down or standing in front of people.
12. Some people have the habit of kicking whatever comes in their way. This is a very ill mannered practice. There is also a danger of your foot getting injured. Furthermore, kicking newspapers or boxes, packets and empty bottles of mineral water having inscriptions on them is also very disrespectful.
13. While walking, abide by the laws that do not oppose the Sharrah. For example, whilst crossing the road, try to cross the road from the zebra crossings or the over had bridge.
14. Cross the road by looking at the direction of the traffic. If you are in the middle of the road and the vehicle is approaching, then rather than running away, try to stay there as this is a safer approach. Furthermore, to cross the tracks at times when trains are usually passing is like inviting your death. The one who considers trains to be very far should keep in mind the danger of getting entangled in Wires and falling over thereby resulting fatality. There are also places where it is against the law to pass through the tracks. Adhere to these laws especially on the stations.
15. Walk for 45 minutes doing Zikar and reciting Salat,AlanNabi everyday with the intention of gaining strength to worship. you will remain healthy. The best way to walk is to walk at fast pace for the first 15 minutes, medium pace for next 15 minutes and this fast again for the last. With this practice, the whole body will be exercised. the digestive system will be fine, you will be saved from heart diseases and many other diseases.
Chris: Oh my drone it’s DRONE WEEK! Wait…what’s drone week?
Recently I was invited to the InfoCamp unConference at Berkeley where among the awesome and inspiring presentations, I sat in on Peter Swigert’s workshop on drones. Since the blog was deep in Oblivion,Pete and I agreed to coauthor a series of posts on this phenomenon, and also to set the record a little more straight for sci-fi fans and authors on the real-world state of drones.
Today, a first post on the scary, scary world of sci-fi drones.
Unmanned (either manual or automated) aerial vehicles, or drones, have become increasingly common in science fiction, likely a reflection of their increasing role in today’s society. While the future of drone technologies and their role in society are yet to be determined, science fiction has been conservative in its speculation. Most depictions of drones tend to suppose an expansion of the…
View original post 637 more words
Actual drones for not-evil
Chris: Day 2 of mighty mighty DRONE WEEK! Wait…what’s drone week?
Recently I was invited to the InfoCamp unConference at Berkeley where among the awesome and inspiring presentations, I sat in on Peter Swigert’s workshop on drones. Since the blog was deep in Oblivion, Pete and I agreed to coauthor a series of posts on this phenomenon, and also to set the record a little more straight for sci-fi fans and authors on the real-world state of drones.
Today Drone Week continues with the not-so-scary world of actual drones.
While capitalism is a neutral force at best, the speculative drones that Amazon and Google are working on stand to make delivery faster and more direct. While these projects are undoubtedly driven by possible profits, Google suggests that rapid delivery by drone will also have significant social benefits. Astro Teller, director at Google X, suggests that on-demand drop off and…
View original post 440 more words
Student blogging is a growing practice within the classroom. With district & parent permission and the right privacy settings in place, this is an excellent format for students to express their ideas to an authentic audience. Blogging incorporates the use of technology and writing, helping to bridge the gap between student interest and classroom assignments. This allows students to make the connection that writing isn’t just the assignments that are given in an English class–writing is what they are doing every time they post a tweet or status update. Improving writing means improving their ability to communicate ideas effectively in all settings.
Whether you’re using student blogs for authentic writing purposes of as a means of formative assessment, the following prompts can be assigned or made available for students to select for more self-directed blogging.
Students should know how to properly review a book before they start blogging. With any…
View original post 830 more words
اسلام کے بارے میں ایک نئی بحث کا سامنا اسے تب کرنا پڑا جب سترہ سال کی عمر میں اس کے اسکول میں آنے والی ایک مسلم لڑکی کو صرف اسکارف پہننے کی وجہ سے اسکول سے نکال دیا گیا تھا.. اس کے لئے یہ بات ایک جھٹکے کی طرح تھی.. صرف اسکارف لینے پر اسکول سے روک دینا..؟ اس کی سمجھ میں نہیں آیا کہ وہ اس ايشو پر اپنے ردعمل کا اظہار کس طرح کرے..
وہ خود مسلم ممالک میں لڑکیوں کو اسکارف لیے اسکول میں آتے دیکھ چکا تھا اور اس کے لیے یہ ایک معمولی بات تھی مگر اب یہ معمولی بات نہیں رھی تھی.. اس لڑکی کے والدین نے لڑکی کا اسکارف اتروانے کے بجاۓ عدالت میں مقدمہ درج کردیا تھا اور اخبارات دھڑا دھڑ اس بارے میں اپنے خیالات کا اظہار کر رھے تھے..
چند ماہ کے اندر کیس کا فیصلہ ھو گیا تھا.. عدالت نے اسکول کی انتظامیہ کا فیصلہ برقرار رکھا تھا.. وہ لڑکی اس وقت اسکول آ سکتی تھی جب وہ اسکارف کے بغیر آتی اور وہ لڑکی اسکول نہیں آئی.. اس نے کسی دوسرے اسکول میں ایڈمیشن لے لیا جہاں وہ اسکارف کے ساتھ جا سکتی تھی.. اخبارات نے اسکول کی انتظامیہ پر داد و تحسین کے ڈونگرے برسا دیے تھے جنھوں نے مسلمانوں کی طرف سے “مذھبی تعصب” پھیلانے کی کوشش کو ناکام بنا دیا تھا..
“اگر جج یہودی ‘ ملک عیسائی ھو اور اپیل کرنے والا مسلمان ھو تو پھر ایسے ھی فیصلے کی توقع رکھی جا سکتی ھے..” اس نے اگلے دن کیفے ٹیریا میں اپنے ایک پاکستانی کلاس فیلو کے منہ سے طنزیہ انداز میں یہ بات سنی تھی..
اس اسکول میں ایک لڑکی ٹاپ لیس پہن کر آ جائے گی کوئی مذھبی تعصب نہیں پھیلے گا مگر ایک مسلمان لڑکی سر ڈھانپ کر آۓ گی تو قیامت آ جائے گی.. ھمارے دین کی امتیازی صفت حیا ھے اور ھماری عورتوں کے اسکارف میں انھیں یہ صفت نظر آنے لگتی ھے.. اسکارف ختم کرکے یہ سمجھتے ھیں کہ ھمارے دین پر غالب آ گئے ھیں..
یہ ھماری شناخت سے خوف کھاتے ھیں چاھے وہ ھماری عورتوں کے لباس میں نظر آۓ یا مردوں کی داڑھيوں میں………..!!
عمیرہ احمد.. ” ایمان ‘ امید اور محبّت New Rich Text Document
14 Madani Pearl Regarding Handshake
1. It is a Sunnah for two Muslims who greet each other with a handshake using both the hands.
2. Also make Salam when you depart and a handshake is also permissible.
3. The Most Dignified Prophet has stated, ‘When two Muslims greet each other with a handshake and ask about each other’s well-being, then Allah sends down hundred blessings between both of them, out of which, ninety blessings are [descended] for the one who greets more cheerfully, and asks about the well-being of his brother more courteously. (Al-Mu’jam-ul-Awsat, vol. 5. pp. 380. Hadis 7672)
4. When two friends greet each other with a handshake, and recite Salat-‘Alan-NabI upon the Holy Prophet then their sins of the future and the past will be forgiven before they move apart. (Shu’ab-ul- Iman lil-Bayhan, vol. 6. pp. 471, Hadis 8944)
5. If possible, recite the following supplication also during a handshake having recited Salat-‘Alan-Nabi: & Slit i.e. May Allah forgive you and me!
6. The supplication that two Muslims make during a handshake will be answered, and they will be
forgiven before the hands separate, (Musnad Imam Ahmad Bin Hambal, vol. 4. pp. 286. HadiS 12454)
7. To shake hands with each other eliminates enmity.
8. The Beloved and Blessed Prophet has stated, ‘Any Muslim who greets his brother with a handshake, and they feel no envy for each other, then Allah will forgive the past sins of both of them before the hands separate. And, anyone who looks at his Muslim brother out of affection, and feels no envy, then the past sins of both of them will be forgiven before the sight is over.’ (Kanz-ul-‘Ummal, vol. 9, pp. 57)
9. One can shake hands no matter how many times he meets [the other].
10. It is not a Sunn ah to do a handshake with only one hand, but rather Sunnah is to use both hands to do a handshake.
11. Some people do a handshake by just touching the fingers; this is not a Sunnah as well.
12. It is Makruh to kiss one’s own hand after a handshake. Islamic brothers should abstain from kissing their own palms after a handshake. (Bahar-e-Shariat, vol. 16. pp. 115 Muhikhkhasan)
13. If a handshake with an Amrad (an attractive lad) or with any person breeds lust, then it is not permissible to shake hands with him. If the sight also breeds lust, then looking at him is also a sin. (Durr-e-Muskhtar, vol. 6. pp. 98)
14. The Sunnah method of shaking hands is that there should be no hindrance of a handkerchief etc. in between; both hands should be bare and the palm of one should make contact wTith that of the other. (Bahar-e-Shariat,, vol. 16. pp. 98)
Names Of 9 Satans & Their Tasks
Dear Islamic brothers! We have learnt from the foregoing narration that if we desire blessings in our acts with protection from satanic involvement in them, we should always recite Bismillah before commencing every permissible act. Otherwise the accursed Satan will get involved in eveiy act. Satan has a lot of offspring that have particular (satanic) duties.
‘Allamah Ibn Hajar ‘Asqalani has quoted that Amir-ul-Muminln, Sayyiduna ‘Umar Faruq A’zam as has stated that Satan has 9 offspring:
(1) Zalitun (2) Wasin (3) Laqus (4) A’wan (5) Haffaf (6) Murrah (7) Musawwit (8) Dasim (9) Walhan
1. Zalitun is appointed at marketplaces where he places his flag.
2. Wasin is appointed to make people suffer unforeseen problems.
3. Laqus is appointed to fire worshippers.
4. A’wan is appointed to rulers.
5. Haffaf is appointed to alcoholics.
6. Murrah is appointed to those singing songs and playing musical instruments.
7. Musawwit is appointed to spread rumors. It makes people believe and spread rumours, keeping them unaware of the truth.
8. Dasim is appointed to houses. If a person does not recite Bismillah when stepping in his house, nor does he make Salam after he has entered, then this Satan engenders family discords, even causing divorce or decree absolute or physical assault.
9. Walhan is appointed to cause satanic deception in one’s heart during Wudu, Salah and other acts of worship, (Al-Munabbihat pp. 91)